Monday, May 08, 2006

This Past Weekend

To answer Drew's question on the previous post, this weekend went great! For those of you who do not know, I preached in view of a call at a church in South Carolina this weekend for the position of Associate Pastor of Leadership Development and Children's Ministry. I'll disclose the name of the church next week if I am voted in by the congregation. I preached on Hebrews 4:12 - The Power of the Word of God. I'll post my sermon manuscript a little bit later.

The weekend itself couldn't have been any better. The service was a packed house and there was a lot of 'amen'ing going on, which any preacher will tell you is great because you know that the congregation is at least somewhat engaged. The most important part of it all, though, was that I felt so comfortable while I was preaching and while I was interacting with the church members. If God allows us to serve at this church, I really cannot think of a better situation or place to be right out of seminary. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home