Monday, February 13, 2006

On Evangelism

Dr. Mark Dever on his personal evangelism:

"Pray that I be a better, more obedient, more active personal evangelist. I am surprised that I, as someone who goes around speaking on evangelism, evangelize personally as little as I do. It grieves me, and so I pray and strategize. I am encouraged by a statement of the late Bill Bright, “Successful evangelism is sharing the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.” I am thankful to leave the results to God, but I cannot leave the evanglism to God, as well! Pray for me, friends"

It's good to see a man of God like Dr. Dever admitting humbly that he needs prayers for his practice of personal evangelism. To read more about evangelism, check my post at www.centralityofchrist.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn said...

Yes, very good.

10:11 AM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home