Monday, February 20, 2006

What is the Will of God?

Another Youth Talk:

What is the will of God? This is a question most pastors often get asked. However, more importantly, how can I know what the will of God is for me life? Let’s examine what Scripture says about the will of God:

1. God calls people to Himself according to His will (1 Cor. 1:1, 2 Cor. 2:1, Eph. 1:1, Col. 1:1, 2 Tim. 1:1)

2. The Holy Spirit intercedes for us according to God’s Will (Rom. 8:27)

3. Jesus gave himself for our sins to rescue us according to God’s Will (Gal. 1:4)

Also, there are two promises concerning what happens if we do the will of God:

1. If we do the will of God we will receive what he has promised (Heb. 10:36)

2. If we do the will of God we will live forever (1 John 2:17)

What is the will of God for my life? Scripture speaks specfically to this issue several times.

1. It is the will of God for me to be holy. (Rom. 12:1-2,

2. It is the will of God for me to give. (2 Cor. 8:5) – You cannot out Give God. Give your time, and your money.

3. It is the will of God for me to be pure. (1 Thes. 4:3-8)

4. It is the will of God for me to be thankful. (1 Thes. 5:18) – There have been studies about people who have been brought up in broken homes and have had horrible lives but they are not depressed. Why? They have said that they are thankful for what they do have in life. Thankfulness is the key to happiness.

5. It is the will of God for me to submit. (1 Pet. 2:13-17) – I have to submit to my parents. God gave me my parents. He could have made me an orphan! I also have to submit to my boss(es).

6. It is the will of God for met to serve. (Eph. 6:5-8)

7. It is the will of God for me to suffer. (1 Pet. 4:1-2) Rom 5 – Suffering produces perseverance, character, hope.

Now, this may not help you make up your mind about what college to go to, what job to go into, etc. but do these things and God will make it clear to you what He wants for your life. Do the will of God as stated in Scripture and the blurriness will go away. You don’t have to do all of these things. But if you want to live in the will of God, you will do them. There is no better place to be then in the center of the will of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home