Monday, October 23, 2006

This is Your Day!!


There was a pamphlet in my church box today sent by Ann Lee Ministries. It claims (I realize a piece of paper cannot make a 'claim') that she is coming back to the Sumter area, "by popular demand."

She advertises that this meeting will be a Miracle Service on Friday Night, October, 27th. I'm sorry, I didn't realize that one could plan when miracles would happen - especially the day and time.

The pamphlet also says:

"This is your night! Come expecting your miracle for healing, for financial blessing, for whatever you need from God!"

Ok...miracle healings...there is Scriptural warrant for that. What there is not Scriptural warrant for, is wholesale heal-fests. If someone had that kind of power, they ought to be going to hospitals every second of their day.

- financial blessing - Does God want us to be rich? Scripture states that "the love of money is the root of all evil" and Jesus said himself it is hard for the rich to come to Him. But once we have Him, he'll make us more money! I don't think so...

- whatever you need from God - really? God, I need the Gamecocks to win this week, can you do it? God, I need some of my hair to grow back. God, I need more money....I don't think so. THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WHAT WE GET FROM GOD....it's about glorifying Him.

God is not some genie in a bottle that grants your every wish. People like Ann Lee (who has appeared in Benny Hinn Magazine) are giving people false hope. Ann, if you could really heal people, why don't you do what Jesus and the Apostles did and go find the people to heal and not hold a "dynamic service" where they have to come to you.

This kind of stuff is not new of course....in fact its getting old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

Yeah, I grew up hearing about 'healing meetings.'

My parents even took me to a Benny Hinn meeting once.

5:11 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home