Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Vacation Part Deux






























Here are some pictures from our mini-vacation this week. Since my wife is 30 weeks pregnant, this may be the last vacation we have for a while. The first picture is the property that I just bought in Sea Island, Ga...jk...that is the Seaside Golf Course. The next photos were at the beach following a spectacular fireworks show.

I had a seminary professor who said that instead of going on vactations, we should go on mission trips. I witnessed to one guy on the beach - does that count? ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Seminary professors are not pastors and have every summer off.


The more I move away from the classroom, the more I see how much some of our professors were clueless about pastoral ministry.

9:18 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Jim Perdue said...

Hope you're enjoying the vacation. Mine will come in November this year. My wife and I will go on a little getaway by ourselves!

Mission trips are great, but vacations are necessary if you're going to minister and lead your family properly! Too many pastors focus all their efforts on the ministry while ignoring their family.

8:40 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Charlie Wallace said...

Ben,

Some professors do seem to lose touch with the church outside of the seminary setting. However, others do not.

Jim,

Thanks. Our vacation was great but short. I agree that vacations are a necessary time or refreshment and ignoring family in the name of ministry is sinful.

10:31 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Matthew Celestine said...

I am glad you got back safely.

I totally disagree about the missions trips.

It is doubtful that so many short-term missions would really be helpful.

Not to mention the fact that Christians can so easily get worn out and burned out. They need a break some times to spend time with their families.

Every Blessing in Christ

Matthew

3:28 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Charlie Wallace said...

Matthew,

totally agree.

9:58 AM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home