Monday, August 14, 2006

SBC Interview Series


A feature that I would like to incorporate on this blog in the future is a weekly interview with a teacher/pastor/student/professor/laymen affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. I feel that it is most important to hear where people are coming from and really find what the heartbeat of our convention is saying (or pumping for that matter).

Most of you do not know that I have a background in journalism where I was the sports editor of The Gamecock newspaper at the University of South Carolina. Needless, to say I was the lone Christian/Evangelical Southern Baptist voice on the entire staff. However, I loved those people on staff. There were a couple of conservatives (Brock, that's you) but most of them were pretty much what we would call far lefties. Despite their views these people were genuinely searching for truth and they respected my beliefs and I respected their views. However, I always tried to put Jesus in my speech because I knew that the most unloving act was to have the greatest gift in the world in my possession and not try to give it.

Alas, I digress. The point of this tangental diatribe is that I love(d) being a journalist. Editing was hard and it cost me some hair. I loved asking questions and learning about people...not just 'getting' the story. I hope that these interviews will be something that we all can learn from and increase our faith in our hope and savior, Jesus Christ.

The first interview will be up as soon as the interviewee (sp?) completes his questions. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home